The new construction boom is trending towards smaller townhouses and condos as traditional larger homes are now fading in popularity.
Surrey is in fact now home to Canada’s smallest condo http://www.vancouversun.com/business/REAL+ESTATE+developer+introduces+Canada+smallest+condos+Surrey/7402387/story.html
Because real estate prices in Vancouver and South Surrey area have been going straight up for years there has been a real demand for affordable but more compact housing. Real estate prices in Surrey, Langley and Vancouver are some of the richest in North America and this has lead to an increase in smaller condo’s and condo’s in general making it more affordable to live in Surrey and the Lower Mainland in general.
Over the recent new construction boom there has also been a huge increase in the number of house painting contractors. Unfortunately it is largely an unregulated industry and many homeowners are finding it difficult in finding someone that is reliable and trustworthy with so many companies to choose from.
Here are some helpful questions to ask when screening a potential contractor:
Always ask contractors the following questions:
- How long has the company been around?
- Do they have references?
- Do they have insurance in case anything goes wrong or they can’t finish the job do to injury
- Are there prices too high or too low? both can be a sign of something not right
- Do they perform the work themselves or do they send inexperienced sub contractors to do the work?
- Do you offer written guarantees of your work?
Even though your project may be urgent or on a time restraint, whatever you do don’t rush the process in covering basis when looking for the right house painter for you…